National Geographic Readers: Bling! (L3): 100 Fun Facts About Rocks and Gems (Paperback)
In this Level 3 reader, discover fascinating facts about the incredible rocks and minerals under our feet and deep in Earth’s crust. Budding geologists will love reading about how rocks form, learning the names and features of the coolest rocks and minerals, and exploring rare and beautiful gemstones.
Key features include:
- Expert-vetted text appropriate for ages 7 to 9
- Brilliant and eye-catching National Geographic images
- 100 fun facts sprinkled throughout the book* A fact roundup at the end of each book for kids to review what they’ve learned
Packed with weird-but-true facts and tons of cool info, this Level 3 reader explores the incredible world of geology.
About the series: This high-interest, educationally-vetted readers series features magnificent National Geographic images accompanied by text written by experienced, skilled children’s book authors. Each reader includes a glossary and interactive features in which kids get to use what they’ve learned in the book. Level 1 readers reinforce the content of the book with a kinesthetic learning activity. Level 2 readers feature slightly higher-level text and additional vocabulary words. Level 3 readers have more layers of information to challenge more proficient readers. For emerging readers, the Pre-reader level introduces vocabulary and concepts, and the Co-reader level provides a collaborative reading experience.
Praise for National Geographic Readers:
“Reliable in format and solid in execution, this series works well to introduce children of varying levels of reading comfort to nonfiction and research formats.”
—Maggie Reagan, Booklist
Complete your collection with these popular National Geographic Fact Readers:
- National Geographic Reader: Mythical Beasts!
- 100 Fun Facts About Real Animals and the Myths They Inspire
- National Geographic Reader: Squeak! 100 Fun Facts About Hamsters, Mice, Guinea Pigs, and More
- National Geographic Reader: Ink! 100 Fun Facts About Octopuses, Squid, and More
- National Geographic Reader: Erupt! 100 Fun Facts About Volcanoes